Would it not be nice to walk into your new home with a soft, warm and fluffy carpet?. It’s such a great feeling when your feet sink into that clean and plush new carpet. A clean and fresh carpet for your new home could be just what you need. However clean the carpet is, it is a reality that over time it will get dirty and will wear down.
Investing in a good quality carpet can be expensive so it is only fair that we take necessary precautions in protecting the carpet. There is several carpet cleaning tips we can use to maintain and keep our carpets as clean as possible for a long period of time.
Keep in mind, however, that there are certain things we cannot control such as the normal wear and tear, or accidental spills on the carpet. If things like this happen, do not get discouraged, instead, follow these tips to get the best result. One important thing to keep in mind is that before you start cleaning, you should know the type of the carpet and the materials used in the carpet because each type needs a different approach for cleaning.
- Vacuum Carpets Regularly – By vacuuming carpets on a regular basis, you will manage the amount of dust, dirt and other debris that become buried in the fibers of the carpet. Make vacuuming the carpets a part of your weekend cleaning routine, and you’ll stay on top of the dirt that threatens to make your carpets dirty over time.
- Get a Carpet Cleaning Schedule – If carpets are cleaned before they become too unsightly, the cleaning chore will be easier and more successful. Choosing the proper cleaning system is important as some systems may leave residue which accelerate re-soiling and defeats the whole purpose of cleaning.
- Sprinkle some Carpet Freshener Powder – Allow the powder to set for about 10-15 minutes or follow the instructions on the package before vacuuming. The powder will not only make the carpet fresh and clean, it also freshens the entire room.
- Deal with Spills Immediately – To stains from the accidental spill, deal with it straight away. Place paper towels on the top of the spill to soak up as much as possible. Don’t rub though, as it will drive the liquid further into the carpet. If the stain remains, apply a carpet cleaning product to the stain. A good tip if you do not have a carpet cleaner handy is fizzy water – It works.
- Invest or Rent a Carpet Cleaning Machine – This can be a slight investment, but you can rent a machine with deep cleaning and quick drying technology for a day. Always vacuum first to remove debris to make the job easier and to avoid the washer getting all clogged up. For the best cleaning result, always use the recommended detergent and if you have not washed the carpet before, it’s always best to try it on a small area first to make sure that the carpet is not affected by the solution.
The cleanliness reflect the personality of the home owner. People almost always get the impression the moment they enter your home. So get rid of those unsightly carpets.